Nov 4, 2010

Gracias a Bo Guerre

The images of the spherical flow in the book were done 5 years ago by a man in Valparaiso, Chile. His name is Bo Guerre. He is a retired Navy man. I was working for the Chilean navy at the time and I was put in contact with him because someone thought he could do the images I needed.

He lives near an old central plaza where people sit around while their children play. You enter the ground floor of a solid cement building and see this old elevator that goes up inside a spiraling staircase. You walk into the elevator and close a metal gate door. The elevator is open and you can see all around you.

He is a simple man with his own interests. The world goes on around him while he sits in his cluttered office, cluttered with books, pictures and papers from over the years. It was hard to find a place to sit. Of course he only spoke spanish.

He used his computer to design boats in 3 dimensions. He was very interested to see if he could draw my images on his computer. I gave him some sketches and left. When I came back a few days later, he said it was actually very hard to position the 12 balls in a soccer ball orientation. The math was a little tricky for him, but he had figured it out.

We proceeded together to produce all the images you see in the book of the spherical matrix. I would explain what I wanted in my broken spanish and he would get confused. but we worked it out with patience and wonder at the results.

He refused to take any money for his work. He did it all from his heart and his desire to create. I deeply respect him...... a big Gracias a Bo Guerre.

No comments:

Post a Comment